Monday, September 1, 2014

Overly Hydrated?


So this week we began the GANESH FESTIVAL!!! Wooo wooo!!! :D Well, actually, to be honest, I'm a little disappointed by it... I heard the festival is HUGE here in Hyderabad, but there has barely been anything! I think that's because it's been raining pretty hard the last couple of days. Indians HATE rain. Soooo... maybe that's why they aren't throwing crazy parties out on the street. :P Oh well, it's still pretty fun! Oh, and the craziest day is the last day of the festival, which is next Monday, so if I get locked-down and don't email you on Monday, that's why. 



Funny story about Elder Bandi... so, he was complaining a little bit to me that he can't seem to sleep through the night. He always seems to have to wake up and go to the bathroom during the middle of the night. He said one night he woke up 4 times to go pee during the night! Well, I asked him how much water he drinks before he goes to bed. He said he drank 1 liter of water right before bed... hmmm.. not the best. BUT, then to make matters even worse, he told me he drinks one liter of water every time he wakes up and goes to the bathroom! What in the world?! I told him to stop drinking water during the night... that will solve his problem. Haha I'm raising a small 26 year old baby... ^_^



This week I reviewed with Elder Bandi the talk "Becoming a Consecrated Missionary" by Elder Callister. He was really pumped up after reading this talk, and really wants to consecrate himself. He asked me to ask you to send him any suggestions you have on how he can become a consecrated missionary. He really does want to change!

This week we visited a very interesting less active named Brother Solomon. He is a returned missionary, and was Elder's Quorum President just a few months ago, but now he is totally inactive! Why?? Because he got offended by our Bishop... sigh... as we talked to him, he told us how he still has a totally strong testimony, and he still goes to church every week... just not to our ward. Oh man. A lesson to me: don't be a baby. Don't get offended by your leaders.

No comments:

Post a Comment