Monday, January 20, 2014

Tender Mercies


My first week as District Leader has been quite fun! I really do enjoy it. Although it is continually made manifest to me that I don't know what I'm doing... haha like this morning it was 8:30, and I remembered that there was a conference call for all of the district leaders and zone leaders at 8:15! Then, by the time I got logged in to the conference call, it was 8:45, and the zone leader told me that the conference call was already finished, but he would do a 5 minute-recap for me on what they talked about. haha woops! Totally my bad! :P

Hey! Our mission had a cool miracle this week! So, our mission has been rapidly decreasing in the number of missionaries that we have. Because, many elders are going home, but not a lot are coming in, because no one can gets visas. So, they have closed down a couple of areas in our mission, and then other areas where there were 2 companionships they decreased it to 1 companionship. So, this last fast Sunday President Berrett asked all of us, and all of the members, to pray that the Indian government would start approving visas for the elders that have been called to this mission.

Ten days later got the news that not 1, not 2, not 3, not 4, not 5, not 6, not 7, not 8, not 9, not 10, but ELEVEN elders received their visas! Starting in February, our mission is going to start building in numbers again! Huuzaw! 

I think my mission (and my life) are just filled with miracles like this. They are the kind of miracles that a skeptic could say "oh, that's just a coincidence", but when they happen day after day after day, it comes to the point where it would be irrational and foolish to say that so many coincidences happened in a row. 

Tender mercies of the Lord! :)

One last thing... So I remember one of my older brothers (sorry, I don't remember which one!) wrote in one of their weekly missionary letters that they noticed how every time they had a baptism coming up, Satan would throw something into the person's life to try and make it difficult for them to make this eternal covenant. Well, I can now firmly attest that Satan works just as hard in India as he does in Mexico! 

Our golden investigators, Vidya Sri and her mom Manjula, who hopefully will be baptized next week, have been having serious family problems. The father in the family works for an appliance store, and this last week the business has 40 pipe pieces stolen from them. Because of that, he and all of the other workers, were under suspicion and kind of on trial. This has created a big hassle for their family, and they had to stop meeting with us for a while, because they said it would look very suspicious if people saw strangers coming into their home while this investigation was going on. 







No comments:

Post a Comment