Monday, December 23, 2013

Christmas fun and a blessing

Two really great things I want to share with you . . . .

First thing is the branch Christmas activity that we had on Saturday. It was AMAZING!!! Without a doubt, it was my all time favorite Christmas activity. I haven't laughed that hard in a loooooong time! Everything was simply superb. Spiritual skits. Funny skits. Technical difficulties galore (which I always think are quite amusing). The awkwardness of a 12 year old flirting with me. The chicken biryani as our Christmas feast afterwards. The primary kids singing Christmas songs in the way that only primary children can do. Ahhhhh! I loved it all so so much. :) 

Second thing I want to tell you is about a true blue miracle that we had this week. So, one evening Elder Pilli and I were feeling a little bit down. We had had a not so successful day, and weren't feeling quite as chipper as we usually are... It was about 7:45 in the evening, and we were debating two options. One, we hadn't eaten dinner yet, so we could just go grab a bite to eat, and then head back to the apartment a little bit early. Or, there was one recent convert that said she wanted to introduce us to one of her friends, so we could go over to her house so that she could show us her friend. The thing is, this recent convert doesn't speak a lick of English, so chances are her friend doesn't speak English either, so we probably wouldn't even be able to teach her friend. Also, she lived a couple miles away, so we weren't all that anxious to go out to her house. 

Well, we decided to go the extra mile, and go visit the recent convert so that we could meet her friend. So we powered walked/slow jogged over to her house, and eventually got there about a half hour later. She then took us over to her friend's house and... wow. Wow wow wow. She introduced us to a GOLDEN family! Like, really, I couldn't think of a much better family to teach then the one she showed to us. They speak GREAT English (which is a mega blessing), they said they want to come to church before we even invited them to do so, the mom asked if it would be alright for her daughter and son to take baptism (again, before we even invited to do so), and they actually UNDERSTAND the doctrine that we are teaching them! Ahhhhhh! It's almost too good to be true.

I think of a quote that from one of my favorite Elders, Elder Bown: I'm not a very good missionary, but God decided to bless me anyways. 

Again and again, I am shown what an inadequate representative of Christ I am. But for some amazing reason, God decided to bless me and help me anyways. Really and truly, we are all blessed so much more than we deserve. 

No comments:

Post a Comment